As seen in Designs in Machine Embroidery
There's a path from vision to reality
The advantage of a creative mind is being able to adapt to circumstances and come up with Plan B, C, and D. As the Novelty Christmas Stocking Challenge demonstrated, attention had to be payed to all parts of the project: fabric, stabilizer, thread, and design.
This machine embroidery project is featured in Designs in Machine Embroidery Magazine, Volume 101.
• 2/3 yd. Shannon Cloth (JTSCT)
home décor fabric for stocking
• 1/4 yd. White Anti-pill Fleece Fabric (APFOPW)
for cuff. Or, novelty fleece such as Camel/White Bonded Cuddle Fleece Fabric (SFBCC)
• 1/2 yd. Taupe Kona Cotton Fabric (CTN1371)
• Madeira Lana Embroidery Thread: 3601 White (93123601)
, 3890 White (93123890)
, and 3891 White (93123891)
• Madeira 30 Wt. Cotona Quilting and Embroidery Thread: 502 White (9330502)
, 687 Silver Gray (9330687)
, and 752 Off White (9330752)
Helpful notions for this project and more: