Quick Strip Braid Template and Book with FREE Herringbone Throw Quilt Pattern
In stock & ready to ship
- Normally, to create braid effect quilted projects you need to calculate the fabric lengths and angles to cut. Or, you must use all the same length fabric strips and then cut off the excess ends of fabric, all while wasting fabric.
- With this unique template you easily transform strips of fabric into special effect pieced projects that look difficult, but are so simple with little to no waste. Cut your own 2-1/2" x 44" fabric strips, or use precut 2-1/2" strips of fabrics for even faster projects.
- You cut the exact amount of strips in the exact size needed the first time and every time with this fabric friendly template.
- The clear acrylic Quick Strip Braid Template is easy to see through. Position over fabric and align with easy to read markings. Template size is 2-1/2" x 12-3/4".
- The included book details the basics for preparing and cutting fabric. Plus directions for six projects including the exact number of strips needed and length required.
- A full-color layout guide makes it easy to assemble the strips to create the projects which feature two corner finishes; square corners and octagon corners.
- Table Runner
- Throw Quilt
- Queen-Size Quilt
- Octagon Centerpiece Table Topper
- Set of Four Placemats
- Tote Bag
- Soft cover, 20 page book by Sewing With Nancy features double-wire binding so pages lay flat when open—no more struggling to keep your page from turning or bending. Plus it's now easier to keep your book right next to you as you work.
- FREE Herringbone Throw Quilt Pattern with purchase. Create a distinctive V-shaped quilt design following the directions for this pattern. Quilt finishes to approximately 70" x 70".
- Start by cutting the segments for the top of the braid panel first. Position the template on 2-1/2" strips of fabric and rotary cut the angled strip to the precise size.
- Continue cutting segments by nesting the angle of the template with the angle made from the first cut and then mark needed square end and rotary cut using the square end of template. By positioning the angled end of the template with the angled end of the fabric strip, you are making the most of your fabric strips.
- Also use the template to cut perfect trapezoid strips to complete braid panels for each project with no guesswork required!
- Repeat the cutting process for each of the markings on the template to create all of the braid segments.
- When instructions call for multiples of a segment, stack several fabric strips, aligning cut edges, and then cut the needed segment—a time saver
Write Your Own Review