Stitch-n-Ditch Binder Foot
The Stitch-n-Ditch Binder Foot accommodates a variety of fabric and quilt thicknesses. Four "fences" are included which are designed to adapt the foot to various heights of batting or fabric.
- Use fence #1 when there is no batting; for example—jackets and coats.
- Use fence #2 for projects with low-loft batting.
- Use fence #3 with projects using medium-loft batting
- Use fence #4 with projects using high-loft batting
- Guides on each fence can be adjusted to stitch bindings from ¼" to 1" wide
- Each "fence" glides along the edge of the binding
Use this specialty foot to attach the double-folded binding to the front of your project:
- Fold over binding to the back
- With the Stitch-n-Ditch Binder Foot, stitch in the well or groove of the seam on the right side of the quilt, through all thicknesses, catching the binding on the back
- Straight stitching only
- Instructions included
- No adaptor needed for most Viking, Janome, New Home, Babylock, Necchi, Elna, and some White machines
Includes six shank adaptors to accommodate almost all other sewing machines:
- Adaptor 1- Low shank machines, Pfaff, Singer Featherweight
- Adaptor 2- New Singers, Quantum
- Adaptor 3- Singer slant needle
- Adaptor 4- High shank machines, Brother
- Adaptor 5- Super high shank machines, Kenmore
- Adaptor 6- Brother 1300, 1500, Juki
Note: Bernina requires a #75 a shank adaptor (purchased from your Bernina dealer)
If unsure, click here to determine your sewing machine shank sizes