The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew Book and DVD Set
The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew Book
- Nancy's practical, easy-to-follow techniques make sewing simple and fun for all skill levels. Experience how fun it is to sew when you discover the tips and tricks she's learned over the years.
- In this book, you'll learn about sewing tools, easy sewing techniques, and how to use a sewing machine and serger. Plus, you'll learn how to select and use fabrics, work with sewing patterns and how to create simple projects
- Chapters include:
- Sewing Notions
- Sewing Machine confidence
- Serger Spotlight
- Fabric Facts
- Sewing Basics
- Beyond the Basics
- Full-color photographs and illustrations
- Easy step-by-step instructions
- Soft cover, 78 page book
- Double-wire binding so pages lay flat when working
The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew DVD
- Runtime: 75 minutes
- Closed captioning for the hearing impaired
- Part 1: Nancy shows tried-and-true methods for simple sewing
- In this program she shares some of the easiest ways to layout, cut, and mark fabric; sew darts; gather four different ways; and add elastic
- Nancy's Corner Segment 1 features Carole Splater of Charity Sharity
- Carole shares how others can consider sharing an abundance of fabric with their community in service of others using Charity Sharity as your model
- Part 2: Nancy takes the most requested sewing techniques and simplifies them
- Nancy minimizes sewing effort and makes it easy and fun to sew clothing and home dec accessories using nontraditional methods
- Learn the "hands-down easiest way" to sew collars, corners, and sleeves
- Nancy's Corner Segment 2 features Paul Fieber, Kite maker and kiting enthusiast
- Paul shares his love of sewing kites
- Part 3: Nancy shares straightforward advice for making sewing fun using easy techniques
- Sew simple pockets, facings, and even an invisible zipper—Nancy shows you how, using the absolute easiest techniques
- She includes the easiest method for mitering a corner, grading seam allowances, stitching facings that lie flat, and a new approach for stitching an invisible zipper
- Nancy's Corner Segment 3 features Diane Kane and Joanne MacNaughton of Cover to Cover Book Club
- Diane and Joanne tell how their unique book club members "discuss" their books through creating quilts
We caught up with Nancy to gain some insight into her new, exciting book.
Why did you decide to write The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew?
There is always a need for learning the basics, whether it's cooking, woodworking, or in this case sewing. Without a foundation, it's difficult to springboard to creative techniques. The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew gives that lays the foundation for greater sewing experiences.
There's a remarkable resurgence in sewing with great interest and rediscovery coming through the blogger network. In many families, the art of sewing skipped a generation—or two. What was, perhaps, considered "ol' fashioned" is new again! Yet, many are looking for the basics. Ta-da, The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew to the rescue!
Where did you get the information you've put in this book?
Years of sewing and teaching sewing via seminars and, of course, on TV. Theses are tried and true techniques for all ages. Like the Joy of Cooking where you turn to make a white sauce, my hope is that this book will be the go-to technique book when, let's say, a person needs to know about elastic or waistbands!
How is this book different from your other instructional books?
The Absolute Easiest Way to Sew breaks down sewing to the lowest common denominator! There isn't any fluff, just tried and true techniques.